In an off-the-rails interview with FOX News’ Brian Kilmeade yesterday, Donald Trump insulted the U.S. intelligence community, questioned the intelligence of primary rival Nikki Haley, and claimed Obama was actually president three separate times — prompting Kilmeade to correct the GOP front-runner.
Five of the most head scratching moments from Trump’s interview with Kilmeade:
1) Trump is either incredibly confused on who is president or he really, really wants you to somehow believe Barack Obama is still running the country.
- He mentioned President Obama or the Obama Administration not once. Not twice. But three times. (Spoiler: Obama is no longer president)
2) Trump expressed outright disrespect of the U.S. intelligence community stating that “we don’t have much intelligence in our country anymore” and that U.S. intelligence is “highly overrated.”
3) The Republican Party stalwart offered zero solutions to end the chaos in the House of Representatives and said Rep. Steve Scalise’s “very, very serious cancer therapy” was why he couldn’t be the next Speaker of the House.
- Before pulling out of the race for Speaker late last night, Scalise forcefully expressed he was seeing progress with his health.
4) Trump questioned the intelligence of Republican primary rival, and his former Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, while defending calling her “birdbrain” on social media, in media interviews, and at rallies.
5) Trump also claimed, without evidence, a terror attack inside the United States was certain.
“Every time Donald Trump speaks he reminds us of the chaos that consumed his presidency. A clear-eyed vision is needed to navigate the many issues facing our country and the threat to freedom and liberty across the globe. Trump is someone who has shown us time and time again that he is unfit to lead. We cannot afford another four years of an off-the-rails presidency,” said American Bridge 21st Century Presidential Communications Director Brandon Weathersby.
Published: Oct 13, 2023
Last Modified: Nov 1, 2023