It is hard to put the disastrous consequences of the Trump administration’s actions this weekend into words, but today when White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer takes the podium he will need to try.
American Bridge Vice President Shripal Shah calls on Sean Spicer to answer the following questions about this weekend’s events:
1. Why did Customs and Border Protection agents defy a federal judge’s order and prevent lawyers from meeting with those detained? When will the Trump administration explicitly direct executive branch officials to abide by orders from federal judges regarding the travel ban?
2. Why did the administration exempt countries that have business ties to the President, like Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the UAE, from this reckless Muslim ban?
3. Why are administration officials claiming the executive order is not a “Muslim ban” when President Trump referred to the action as a “ban” in a tweet?
4. What is the administration’s reaction to Rudy Giuliani’s claim that President Trump asked him to write a “Muslim ban” with a commission including Rep. Pete King who denies that happened and Rep. Michael McCaul who says the order undermines “our nation’s credibility?”
5. Steve Bannon has been reported to be a driving force behind the travel ban executive order including the controversial decision to overrule DHS and subject green card holders to detention. Were the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and head of DNI removed from the National Security Council because they disagreed with this decision?
6. Last night, a Senior Trump Administration Official said, “Republicans on Capitol Hill wrote” the executive order but that it is at odds with quotes from Republicans in the House and Senate. Who is this Senior Trump Administration Official and why is he or she lying to the media?
Published: Jan 30, 2017