“Hezbollah is very smart, they’re all very smart” — Donald Trump
In the midst of the horrific terrorist attacks in the Middle East, Republicans are using this tragedy to push their extremist talking points and conspiracy theories and to praise terrorists that are targeting women, children, and innocent civilians in the region.
- RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel disgustingly called the attacks in the Middle East a “great opportunity” for her GOP primary candidates to attack President Biden.
- Donald Trump’s response to this tragedy was to call terrorists “smart.”
- Nikki Haley used the opportunity to attack President Biden and say China will take advantage of him.
- Ron DeSantis is using these acts of terrorism as an opportunity to fearmonger about the U.S. southern border and push his MAGA talking points.
- Tim Scott is going full-on tin-foil hat and saying that the president actually wants a terrorist attack on U.S. soil.
“Thousands of innocent people were slaughtered in terrorist attacks this week, and Republicans running for president are taking this tragedy as an opportunity to try to jump in the polls. There is no limit to how low Republicans will go to appease the extremist GOP base. Their comments are nothing short of despicable, and they show just how unfit all of these individuals are for elected office of any kind,” said American Bridge 21st Century Presidential Communications Director Brandon Weathersby.
Published: Oct 12, 2023
Last Modified: Nov 1, 2023