Before the Montana Senate debate tonight, we wanted to remind those tuning in that Matt Rosendale enters the final five weeks of his campaign bogged down by a growing list of scandals, gaffes, and general no-goodness.
Here are his top five liabilities:
- Rosendale’s phony claims to be a rancher were debunked — then he was caught scrubbing the word “rancher” from his public profiles.
- Rosendale admitted to illegally coordinating with an outside group, in potential violation of federal election law — and now he’s facing an FEC complaint.
- Rosendale is a real estate developer from Maryland who has advocated for privatizing public lands.
- As State Auditor, Rosendale dropped charges and fines against a top campaign donor.
- Rosendale has long allied himself with white supremacists and homophobes, including as a moderator of the racist “Tea Party” Facebook group.
BONUS: A new American Ledger report reveals Rosendale made over $500,000 on a Maryland property he sold in 2015 — but claimed it as a loss for tax purposes.
Published: Sep 28, 2018
Last Modified: Feb 1, 2024