TO: Interested Parties
FROM: Jessica Mackler, President, American Bridge 21st Century
RE: The State Of American Politics: Paul Ryan Would Support Trump As The GOP Nominee
DATE: March 23, 2016
With Speaker of the House Paul Ryan set to deliver remarks today on the “State of American Politics,” we at American Bridge would remind you that as long as Ryan stands by his support for Donald Trump as his party’s nominee, he is complicit in Trump’s hate-fueled xenophobic takeover of the GOP. Because the truth is that Paul Ryan is an unapologetic and unrepentant Trump-enabler.
For each of the few times that Ryan has lightly scolded Trump, he has consistently reaffirmed his support for the Republican Party’s hate-mongering, xenophobic bigot-in-chief as the GOP nominee. Again. And again. And again.
Ryan continues to insist that he will support Donald Trump as the Republican nominee. And in pledging to support Trump, Ryan is standing by him and embracing everything that the fear-mongering racist stands for — including, but not limited to:
- Trump’s incitement of violence upon peaceful protesters;
- Trump’s plan to forcibly deport 12 million undocumented immigrants;
- Trump’s abhorrent anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim rhetoric;
- Trump’s proposed ban on Muslims entering the United States;
- Trump’s delayed denouncement of former KKK leader David Duke;
- Trump’s denigration of women; and,
- Trump’s belittlement of veterans.
So when Paul Ryan holds his press conference today, remember this: By refusing to withdraw his support for Donald Trump and his hateful, violent rhetoric, Paul Ryan is actively supporting and enabling him.
Published: Mar 23, 2016