Nevada Republicans’ U.S. Senate nominee Adam Laxalt is a corrupt politician, he’s an anti-abortion crusader, he’s a shameless Big Liar who tried to overturn the election, and he’s an opponent of Nevada workers and jobs, who’s proven he’ll put corporate interests ahead of Nevadans, instead of backing policies to lower costs for families.
- LAXALT IS A CORRUPT POLITICIAN: Laxalt has a well-earned reputation as a corrupt politician who’s hungry for power (let’s be honest: there’s a reason Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman thought they could bribe him). Laxalt has faced scrutiny and federal investigation over allegations of using his AG office to do special favors for a major campaign donor. And after Laxalt lost Nevada’s gubernatorial election in 2018, he went on to make millions from a Washington, D.C. law firm that represents corporate interests — ranging from pharmaceutical companies to Big Oil corporations. With all that in mind, it should surprise absolutely no one that the corporate special interest Club for Growth dumped more than a million dollars to beat down Laxalt’s GOP primary opponent Sam Brown and drag Laxalt to the nomination.
- LAXALT IS A BIG PHARMA-FRIENDLY OPPONENT OF GIVING MEDICARE THE POWER TO NEGOTIATE LOWER PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRICES: While profiting off of his investments in pharmaceutical companies, Laxalt has sided with his corporate backers in opposing a plan to give Medicare the authority to negotiate down the price of prescription drugs.
- LAXALT IS A JOBS AND INFRASTRUCTURE OPPONENT: The bipartisan jobs and infrastructure law is set to bring billions into Nevada communities to create jobs, secure clean water access, and expand high-speed internet coverage. Despite that, Laxalt has opposed the law, causing Nevada workers to label him a “threat to Nevada jobs.”
- LAXALT IS A DACA OPPONENT WHO’S ADVANCED WHITE NATIONALISTS’ “REPLACEMENT THEORY” CONSPIRACY THEORY: As Axios has reported, “Laxalt has spent $13,000 running radio ads in Elko and Las Vegas touting his opposition to protections for immigrants who were brought to the country as children, commonly known as ‘Dreamers.’” So, it should surprise no one that Laxalt has also “peddle[d] [white nationalists’] ‘great replacement theory’” on the campaign trail.
- LAXALT IS A BIG OIL ALLY WHO’S DEFENDED THEIR PRICE-GOUGING WHILE TAKING THEIR CORPORATE CONTRIBUTIONS, BUYING THEIR STOCKS, AND MAKING MILLIONS FROM A LAW FIRM THAT ADVANCED THEIR INTERESTS: It’ hard to identify just one reason why Laxalt is taking steps to aggressively defend multinational fossil fuel corporations against charges of predatory price-gouging to inflate prices. Laxalt buys Big Oil stocks; he takes their corporate campaign contributions; and he’s made millions from a corporate law firm that works to advance Big Oil corporations’ interests.
- LAXALT IS A JAN. 6 CAPITOL ATTACK DEFENDER: Laxalt has downplayed the violent Jan. 6 Capitol attack intended to prevent the certification of the 2020 election. While downplaying the “darkness” of that day, Laxalt has argued that the “media” is merely seeking to “weaponize this against Republicans.” The former executive director of the Nevada Association of Public Safety Officers has implored Laxalt to stop fundraising off of the Big Lie rhetoric that encouraged the lethal riot and instead donate any funds they’ve raised.
Published: Jun 15, 2022
Last Modified: Aug 28, 2022