This morning, American Bridge 21st Century President Pat Dennis joined Chris Ryan on the New Hampshire Today radio show to discuss American Bridge’s robust opposition research operation and how we’re holding Republicans accountable in battleground states like New Hampshire.
- “We, as Democrats, have quite an easy job attacking Trump. We’ve got 500 pages publicly and several thousands sort of privately on that. But I think it’s important to note that most of the things that are just anathema to voters are things that ultimately Republicans, especially the hardcore Republican primary voters, are on the other side of the issue.”
- “But there’s nothing really Ron DeSantis can talk about there. He spent his, basically his entire, you know, political career on the national stage defending Trump, until, you know, maybe a month ago. So, I think that’s a real problem. It’s not a problem that I have any obligation to solve for them, but it is a strategic issue for them.”
- “I think [Trump’s COVID response] did indelible damage to Trump’s reputation as a leader. I think his reputation as a business leader kind of carried him into office. And I think you saw from his COVID response and just how feckless it was kind of how he ended up declaring bankruptcy so many times. I think it was a sort of first-hand, you know, damage to that brand that he has not recovered within the polling. I mean, outside of a Republican electorate.”
- “You know, there’s a psychological effect with Trump where everybody in the primary has spent, you know, more than four years defending the guy or at least making excuses for him and that, sort of, reflects poorly on them if they start flip-flopping there. But, that said, these folks need to get their act together when it comes to attacking Trump, because there is no point in being in this primary unless you’re going to make that case very well.”
- “I believe that you’re right, like New Hampshire is an incredibly important state. There’s a reason I’m on the radio here now, there’s a reason I have two paid staff in New Hampshire right now and that number is going up. So, it’s an incredibly important state. And we will be here.”
You can find American Bridge 21st Century’s research on the anti-choice candidates on the ballot all over the country here, as well as our Trump Research Book and DeSantis Research Book that are updated regularly.
Published: Jun 6, 2023
Last Modified: Jun 7, 2023