Rep. Mike Braun showed his true colors yesterday with the release of a new ad that touts his partnerships with companies that outsource jobs. In his rush to rebut allegations of mismanagement, worker abuses — and, yes, outsourcing — Braun included a nod to two business partners that use overseas manufacturing facilities.
“Rep. Mike Braun’s fumble is just the latest misstep from a campaign that has endured weeks of lost momentum and brutal local press coverage,” said American Bridge spokesperson Amelia Penniman. “Including business partners who outsource American jobs in his TV ad is the kind of gaffe that tells the truth: Mike Braun is a political insider who makes millions while Hoosier families suffer.”
IndyStar: Ad by GOP Senate candidate Mike Braun sends unintended mixed message on outsourcing jobs
By Maureen Groppe | June 21, 2018
- “GOP Senate candidate Mike Braun boasts in a new campaign ad that his business is ‘proud to be made in America.’”
- “But the ad shows logos on company trucks for two of Braun’s suppliers that use overseas manufacturing facilities.”
- “Braun owns Meyer Distributing, a Jasper-based national auto parts distribution company that the Associated Press previously reported imports goods from the same overseas countries he has criticized for taking American jobs.”
- “In the ad’s opening shot, Braun walks through a bank of trucks as he says his company ‘treats folks like family.’”
- “There are logos on the sides of the trucks for Warn Industries and Fox Shox. Warn Industries, an auto parts maker, imports some products from China and other countries. Fox Shox has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan.”
Read the full article here.
Published: Jun 21, 2018
Last Modified: Feb 1, 2024