It speaks to the sorry state of today’s Republican Party that it’s stooped to working in tandem with disreputable and fraudulent anti-choice extremists, and now hungrily parrots those same groups’ misleading, inflammatory rhetoric that’s designed to damage and misinform.
Here’s What We Know About Center for Medical Progress:
- Center for Medical Progress activists are deeply associated with a cadre of militant anti-choice extremists, who’ve been launching attacks on Planned Parenthood and women’s healthcare for decades.
- Center For Medical Progress is “nothing more than a front organization for the anti-abortion group Live Action. That is not how the IRS understood it when considering the group’s application for tax-exempt status, and not how the group originally presented itself to the public in soliciting donations,” according to The Huffington Post. In other words, Center For Medical Progress may have willfully deceived the IRS.
- Center For Medical Progress is facing legal action over their fraudulent methods for obtaining the videos; videos which were then, on top of that, heavily edited.
- The office of California Attorney General Kamala Harris will launch an investigation into Center For Medical Progress, which will assess “allegations that individuals impersonated corporate officials from a fake biologics company, resulting in the release of secretly filmed videos of Planned Parenthood physicians without their consent,” according to the Associated Press.
- And, perhaps most importantly: Congressional Republicans knew about the first disingenuous Planned Parenthood attack weeks in advance. All of this amounts to nothing more than a politically-motivated attack executed by anti-choice extremists and the GOP members of Congress who’ve adopted their malicious campaign of misinformation and deception.
Published: Aug 3, 2015