Jeff Flake has been avoiding his constituents and refusing to hold a town hall since Congress began. Instead, he’s spent the last three months putting partisan politics ahead of what’s best for Arizonans, supporting Donald Trump’s agenda 100% of the time in the Senate.
Tomorrow, Arizonans finally have an opportunity to ask the tough questions. Here are five questions Jeff Flake really, really, really hopes Arizonans don’t ask him tomorrow:
1. Why did you lead the effort to repeal the rules that would have protected our privacy on the internet and call it a “good thing”? You wrote the bill to let internet service providers sell individuals’ internet browsing history — exposing their financial matters and their health information to whoever wants to buy it.
2. Why do you still refuse to call for a special prosecutor and an independent investigation into Trump’s ties to Russia? Every week we learn something new and disturbing about Donald Trump’s campaign and administration’s ties to Russia. Just this week we learned that a warrant was issued to the FBI to monitor Trump adviser Carter Page’s conversations with Russian spies.
3. What do you have to say to Arizona families who will lose their health care under Trumpcare? You voted over 20 times to weaken or repeal the Affordable Care Act, and now we know your party’s replacement plan would strip health care from 420,000 Arizonans. And Senator, if you don’t want to admit you support Trumpcare, just tell Arizonans what your replacement plan is.
4. When Congress returns to Washington, will you insist on defunding Planned Parenthood by threatening to shut down the government or a catastrophic default on our debt? After all, you have voted 6 times to defund Planned Parenthood in the last ten years.
5. Will you support funding the construction of Trump’s Wall this spring, like President Trump has requested? Since you have supported Trump’s agenda every single time it has come before the Senate, how you will vote for the Wall seems crystal clear.
Published: Apr 12, 2017