Today, Corey Stewart announced his candidacy for U.S. Senate by pledging multiple times to run a “vicious, ruthless” campaign and promising to support and stand with President Trump.
“Corey Stewart is completely out of step with both Virginia values — and reality,” said American Bridge spokesperson Allison Teixeira Sulier. “His backwards, racist agenda puts supporting Donald Trump first and helping Virginia middle class families last. They rejected him once, and they will reject his far-right nastiness once again.”
This is far from the first time Stewart has said outlandish things that are completely out of line with Virginia values.
Check out some of Corey Stewart’s lowlights below:
- Stewart: “I was disgusted at the phrase ‘a kinder gentler nation’…I’m gonna run the most ruthless, vicious campaign.“ [Senate campaign announcement, 7/13/17]
- Stewart: Newspapers “are just like ISIS,” [Corey Stewart campaign video, Liberal Celebrities are like ISIS, 4/28/17]
- Stewart On His Party: “Those RNC establishment pukes who have worked their way into Trump campaign.” [Women For Trump Rally, Washington, DC, 10/10/16]
- Stewart: Undocumented immigrants are “killing, maiming, raping, assaultingVirginians all the time virtually on a daily basis.” [Joe Thomas Show, WCHV Radio, 3/6/17]
- Stewart On The University Of Virginia: “Not only are they teaching politically correct garbage… but they’re also giving them degrees that are useless.” [Freedom Leadership Conference Candidate Forum, Dulles, VA, 2/16/17]
- Stewart on a bill that bans abortions without exceptions for life of the mother, rape, or incest: “I would sign it. No conditions…I would sign it immediately.” [Governor Forum, Hanover, VA, 3/11/17]
- Stewart on counties that provide a religious option for public school lunches: “Yes, yes I would [defund.]” [Freedom Leadership Conference Candidate Forum, Dulles, VA, 2/16/17]
Published: Jul 13, 2017