“Ted Budd has regularly voted against North Carolinians’ best interests […] repeatedly proving he cannot be trusted to stand up for Carolina families in the U.S. Senate.”
American Bridge 21st Century released the following statement on Ted Budd winning today’s North Carolina Republican U.S. Senate primary, following millions in spending from the corporate billionaire-backed Club for Growth and its affiliates:
“As a member of Congress, Ted Budd has regularly voted against North Carolinians’ best interests, opposing policies to lower costs for families, putting corporate interests first in Washington, and repeatedly proving he cannot be trusted to stand up for Carolina families in the U.S. Senate,” said American Bridge 21st Century spokesperson Brad Bainum.
Here’s what you need to know about Ted Budd, on the issues:
- Voting to drive up health care costs and keep prescription drug costs high:
- Ted Budd has voted to gut health care coverage protections and let insurance companies charge higher premiums for millions of Americans with pre-existing conditions.
- Budd voted to keep prescription drug prices high, voted against capping insulin costs, and has repeatedly voted to protect Big Pharma and health insurance company profits.
- Backing cuts to retirement security:
- Pushing tax breaks for big corporations and the wealthy—and opposing tax cuts for working families:
- Backing a zero-exception ban to outlaw all abortions:
- Opposing critical infrastructure and jobs investments:
- Budd opposed critical, bipartisan investments in North Carolina workers and communities to build roads and bridges, ensure clean drinking water, and expand access to high-speed internet.
- Working to overturn the 2020 election and downplaying Jan. 6 violence:
Before you go, here’s what Budd’s GOP primary opponents have said about their party’s nominee:
- Pat McCrory said Budd was “hiding behind” the Club for Growth’s “$10M Washington-based, negative ad smear campaign.”
- Mark Walker said, Budd has “zero accomplishments, zero things led, and all this is being propped up by a super PAC that has spent over $5M.”
- McCrory also said, “I mean, I cannot think of anything Ted Budd has accomplished in six years.”
- McCrory has also called Budd a “Washington insider” who has “accomplished nothing” and “failed us.”
Published: May 17, 2022
Last Modified: May 18, 2022