The White House made a valiant effort to undermine the credibility of the CBO before it released the Trumpcare score, but the report released yesterday was even worse than many expected.
American Bridge Vice President Shripal Shah calls on White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer to answer the following questions:
1. What is the White House reaction to new polling for American Bridge showing Obamacare approval at 58 percent among Obama-Trump voters?
2. How does 24 million people losing health insurance accomplish President Trump’s goal of “insurance for everybody?”
3. President Trump promised to make the ‘best’ deals. How is raising premiums for 64 year-olds from $1,700 under Obamacare to $14,600 under Trumpcare a better deal?
4. Is Trumpcare just a Trojan horse for $274 billion dollars in tax cuts to the richest two percent of Americans?
5. Isn’t encouraging employers to stop offering coverage, as would happen under Trumpcare according to the CBO report, a step in the wrong direction?