The negative editorials are rolling in for Florida Gov. Rick Scott and Florida Republicans as Floridians learn just how dirty this Tallahassee “secret deal” really is…
By Sun Sentinel Editorial Board | June 5, 2017
- “The budget deal that Gov. Rick Scott announced Friday is lousy in terms of substance and how the deal came about.”
- The budget would “poke a long-term hole in funds for construction and maintenance,” “give the governor an $85 million slush fund for economic development,” and “come at the expense of state colleges and many worthy local projects.”
- Rick Scott “can claim victory as the state loses.” “Can you say ‘slush fund?'”
- The “biggest problem”: a “massive education package that school superintendents, school boards, the teachers’ union and parents’ groups want Scott to veto” that Palm Beach County School Superintendent Robert Avossa called, “The single largest piece of legislation to dismantle public education that I’ve ever seen.”
- “”Everybody wins here,’ Scott said. Sure, if you define ‘everybody’ as Rick Scott, Joe Negron and Richard Corcoran.
Read the full story here.
Published: Jun 6, 2017