Ahead of the anniversary of the Dobbs vs. Jackson Women’s Health decision tomorrow, American Bridge Co-Chair Cecile Richards joined MSNBC’s Inside with Jen Psaki and Andrea Mitchell Reports to discuss the state of abortion access in this country and Republicans’ relentless attacks on Americans’ fundamental rights.
Watch her interview with Jen Psaki here.
- “If we’ve learned anything this year, it’s that this country is overwhelmingly supportive of abortion rights.”
- “Republicans lost races all across the country that they should’ve won because of this [abortion] issue.”
- “Republicans seem to be just doubling down. We just saw Ron DeSantis sign a virtual total abortion ban in the state of Florida, so it seems like the Republicans are continuing to go as far as they can on this issue.”
- “Thank God we have a President and a Vice President who’ve been very clear that they support Roe, that they support the idea that people should make their own decisions about pregnancy.”
Watch her interview with Andrea Mitchell here.
- “The Biden Administration is doing everything possible, and the Vice President as well, is just such an advocate. This is a state-by-state fight, but I think as we all know, the issue of whether this country will continue to allow legal abortion anywhere is going to be decided in this presidential race.”
- “This is a country that supports abortion rights. This is not a country that wants politicians making decisions about people’s pregnancies. And this is the thing that I can’t believe about the Republican Party — they’re not only refusing to acknowledge that and understand it , they’re doubling down.”
- “We saw Ron DeSantis signing a six week abortion ban in the state of Florida, and they’re continuing this aggressive effort to take away the rights of women state-by-state, even though it’s clear even in the most conservative states like Kansas, it’s clear that this is not what the American people want.”
Published: Jun 23, 2023
Last Modified: Jun 26, 2023