According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, yesterday GOP Nevada gubernatorial candidate and failed former U.S. Senator Dean Heller repeatedly declined to recognize the reality that Joe Biden was legitimately elected in 2020 – making him the latest 2022 Republican candidate willing to indulge Donald Trump’s “Big Lie.”
During a 30 minute interview, “no matter how the question was asked” Heller refused to acknowledge that Joe Biden was the president and instead questioned the integrity of our electoral system, calling 2020 “a mess.”
Heller has already promised to oppose Covid-19 mandates if elected governor and told reporters during his announcement on Monday that he would institute a Texas-style abortion ban, outlawing the practice after six weeks and before most women know they are pregnant.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal: Dean Heller won’t acknowledge Biden’s election win in RJ interview
By: Bill Dentzer | September 22, 2021
- “Dean Heller says he knows who the president is. He just won’t name that person — no matter how the question is asked.”
- “‘I still know who the president is, but I do believe we have a problem with elections,’ Heller said in a 30-minute interview Tuesday at the Washoe County Republican headquarters.”
- “Heller repeatedly declined — during his kickoff on Monday and in Tuesday’s interview — to say that Joe Biden had been elected in 2020. Trump himself has contended the election was fraudulent, and that Biden did not legitimately win, although legal challenges to the election have been rejected by courts nationwide”
- “In October of that year, Trump flew to Elko in support of Republican candidates in Nevada, including Heller. Welcoming Trump to one of the state’s gold mining centers, Heller said: ‘Mr. President, you know a little bit about gold. In fact, I think that everything you touch turns to gold.’”
- “It was a far cry from 2016, when he said he was ‘100 percent’ against Hillary Clinton and ‘99 percent against Trump’ in the wake of the release of an ‘Access Hollywood’ tape in which Trump made crude remarks about groping women.”
Read the full report here.
Published: Sep 22, 2021